We’re happy to announce the release of SpywareBlaster 4.2.
Prevent the installation of spyware, adware, browser hijackers, malware, and other potentially unwanted software with SpywareBlaster’s multi-layered protection.
SpywareBlaster can help keep your system secure, without interfering with the “good side” of the web. And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background. It works alongside the programs you have to help secure your system.
More information and free download are here:
Detailed release notes follow after the break.
SpywareBlaster 4.2 Release Notes:
- Windows 7 support
- Internet Explorer 8 support
- K-Meleon support
- Faster, secure updating worldwide
- Automatic program version upgrade support (for AutoUpdate users)
- Interface improvements
- Displays dates and other information in local format
- Enhanced support for Flock 2.x
- Better support for upgrading in the installer – now does more to help ensure that previous versions are removed when installing “over the top”
- Significantly faster “Disable All Protection” operation
- Fixed “window doesn’t display” on some PCs
- Fixed recurring “run from Admin account” error
- Fixed problems detecting some Firefox (and other Gecko-based browser) profiles
- Fixed crash enabling AutoUpdate on Windows Vista if the Task Scheduler service is disabled
- Implemented requested “Find Unprotected” right-click feature for the Block Lists
- Many additional small bug fixes, tweaks, and optimizations